September is National Update Your Resume Month. The Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) encourages students, faculty, and staff to pull out their resumes, cover letters and CVs for an annual sprucing. Be sure to add new and relevant experience, accomplishments, and extracurricular activities. The CPDC offers students the following tools to assist with developing a stellar resume:
- UBworks Resume Builder: Students seeking to build a resume from scratch can log into UBworks and utilize the resume builder to begin developing their document.
- Resume Resources Online: Access the CPDC’s resume web page to find tips, strategies, and sample resumes.
- VAULT Career Intelligence: Access VAULT (use your ubalt email) to find articles on resumes and cover letters in addition to a vast library of sample documents.
- Be Ready Resume Workshop: Watch our Resume Writing workshop on YouTube or attend the Federal Resume Workshop in November.
- Meet with a Career Coach: Schedule an appointment (log into UBworks) with a Career Coach to discuss your resume or stop walk-in hours on Wednesday s from 3 pm – 5 pm.
Contact the CPDC:
Student Center, 306