Name: Brianna Talley
Company Name: Morgan Stanley
What skills do you have that gave you an advantage in securing this internship?
3. Ability to work well in teams
What are the steps you took to land your internship?
1. Adequate Search process
2. Applying well in advance of the deadline
3. Reviewing the company’s history and website, as well as familiarizing myself with the goals and mission of the organization
4. Interview Prep- practicing responses to typical questions and suggested questions from Glassdoor
5. Preparing 2 relevant and company specific star stories for interview
What did you do as an intern at the company you worked at?
1. Completed a morning risk and analysis report daily
2. Worked on a summer long project to collect and organize data from various databases, to reconcile payment discrepancies
3. A summer long intern project to create a solution for a costly regulatory requirement
What did you enjoy about your internship?
1. Getting to work on real projects and assignments as a member of the team
2. Time to interact with other interns
3. The weekly developmental sessions to interact with and hear from members of management
4. Mentorship program
5. Opportunities to volunteer
What was challenging about your internship?
1. Adjusting to typical work hours (8:30pm-5:00pm)
2. Balancing effective communication with my managers i.e.: knowing the proper time to ask for help vs. effective problem-solving on my own
3. Solving complex problems in short periods of time